Continuing legal education is key to your professional development
Training and experience are key to your success.
It is time for you to consider working for a firm that gives you the opportunity to practice law on exciting, high-profile cases and legal matters in an atmosphere that fosters professional development. Sandberg Phoenix & von Gontard P.C. offers a dynamic working environment with an excellent base of clients and great potential for growth. As an associate level attorney, you will be involved in every aspect of a case, including direct contact with clients, opposing counsel and judges. Our practice and firm environment will motivate you and enhance your professional development.
- Managed by four shareholders and the Director of Human Resources, the firm’s Associate Committee (AC) helps you to assimilate with the firm by answering questions you will have as a new attorney.
- Our “Shadowing Program” allows you to shadow a partner or senior level associate in court, depositions and meetings.
- The “Sandberg Phoenix College,” a two-day educational symposium, covers the “nuts and bolts” of everyday practice as well as classes in the specialty areas of the firm.
- Training to New Heights provides you with educational sessions in file handling, overall skill development, client service, business development and marketing.
- After selecting two primary practice areas, you will be assigned a mentor who will provide you with additional training, advice and support as you enhance your skills and business development initiatives in your practice areas and goals of achieving shareholder status.
- Between your third and fifth years of practice, litigation attorneys will attend the National Institute of Trial Advocacy to help you fine-tune your litigation skills.
Every attorney is important to our practice. If you are not interested in a shareholder track, a position as a Staff Attorney may be the perfect fit for you.